Friday, November 03, 2006

11/3 Playlist: This guy should be famous

This is Andrew Katz. He plays guitar and sings. His "stage" is the NYC subway system, usually in the wee hours of the morning. Occasionally, he ventures above ground and gets around the country, most recently with the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, yet remains unsigned. My friend Talcatraz said of him, "At first I thought he was retarded, but when it was all over I was like fucking in love with him."

The fact that Andrew Katz is not famous and Sum 41 is makes me want to go on a hunger strike. So I'm going to take it upon myself and use my shady connections and top-quality marketing skills to get the word out about him. You heard it here first. Check out this week's playlist (on his Myspace page, which he incidentally has not checked since August) and tell me who would win in a battle royale between Katz and John Mayer.